Who doesn’t enjoy a tasty chicken meal? Make it healthy with this Chicken Savoy recipe that includes extra virgin olive oil and garlic—two of the most healthy foods on the planet.
- 4 boneless, skinless, cage-free chicken breasts
- 1/8 c extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 c water with 1 tbsp sea salt
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 to 1 tsp dried oregano or basil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c grated Italian Romano cheese
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a 9 in x 13 in or other shallow baking dish.
- Cover the chicken with a mixture made of the water, salt, and olive oil.
- Grate or mince the garlic and sprinkle the Romano cheese over the chicken.
- Bake at 450° F for 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the dish from the oven, and pour off the excess fluid, leaving the chicken in the baking dish.
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and serve.